- Location: Hemel Hempstead
- Department: Digital Services
- Employment type: Permanent
- Start Date: ASAP
Who we are
Vanarama are an industry leading vehicle leasing and insurance business who are always one step ahead of the competition. With a focus on using technology and a comprehensive range of products aimed to make our customers lives easier.
As a Development Team Lead you'll be managing a team of software developers, work closely with Solution Architects, CTO and Product Development teams in order to deliver software in line with Vanarama's architecture vision. You are a strong team player that sees the big picture, gets hands-on when necessary to resolve technical issues.
You are responsible for building on current infrastructure and improving and maintaining current services. Taking responsibility for building up our current capabilities to ensure business requirements are met to specification.
By keeping up to date with technologies and best practices in the field of technology, you will maintain and develop an appropriate technological profile to support the Vanarama's product range. Responsibility will also be to ensure that information security and client centricity underpin all architecture decisions.
Delivering outstanding customer service means building great relationships internally and also externally with our suppliers. A great professional manner and a focus on innovation are essentials, but our primary objective is to consistently deliver great customer outcomes.
- Deliver a strategic technological vision and direction for the business that is aligned to the Technology strategy.
- Working collaboratively with Product Management, Head of Technology and development teams, understand the goals of the business and translate those into technical solutions.
- Drive technical standards and solutions, that scale and are performant using React.js, Typescript, GraphQL
- Ensure delivery consistent with Agile methodology across the team.
- Work effectively with Project Managers and Product Owners to ensure delivery against agreed priorities.
- Implement mechanisms to monitor, manage and provide progress on all software development activities.
- Accountable for the on time and to quality delivery of software development projects.
- Responsible for the maintenance and development of internal and external IT support systems.
- Reviewing and applying best practices to establish architecture and frameworks consistent with and supportive of the Product Strategy.
- To drive consistent standards and approaches throughout the development teams
- Identifying and implementing technology trends that will be able to support the future success of the business
- Understanding the epic use cases (and/or user stories) in order to oversee the design of the architecture for the products to be built.
- Responsible for his/her own work planning against objectives set in agreement with the Chief Information Officer.
Must Have Skills
Nice To Have Skills
- Webpack, Mocha
- Heroku/AWS architecture, DevOps and development (such as Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, Docker, DynamoDB, RDS, S3, ElastiCache, SQS, CloudFront, Route 53, IAM, CloudFormation and KMS)
- Serverless, Microservices, API Driven Architecture
- Single Page Application development
- Git, Github
- TDD/BDD, CI
- Interested in this role? Please email your CV and Covering Letter to [email protected]