- Location: Hemel Hempstead
- Department: Marketing
- Employment type: Full-Time
- Start Date: ASAP
- Salary: Dependent on experience
Who we are:
Vanarama is the UK's leading online commercial and personal vehicle leasing business. We are an award-winning disruptive force in the automotive sector, always one step ahead of the competition thanks to our focus on using cutting-edge technology and our comprehensive product range to get our customers into the brand-new vehicles they want to drive. We've recently been awarded 5 gold awards by the UK Customer Experience Awards 2020 for putting technology, customers and employees at the heart of our business.
Who we're looking for:
A PR Executive who is a digital native that understands the power of modern publishing and how to use digital and social media to help drive positive brand news flow. The candidate should also have 2-3 years' PR experience and training and be comfortable with mixing modern digital PR methods with traditional tactics including building relationships with mainstream, regional and trade press. Understanding and comprehension of the key consumer, political and environmental trends and the impact they will have on the automotive sector is key for this role. As the driving landscape changes and we continue to be the pioneers in helping consumers move to online vehicle leasing the successful candidate will ensure Vanarama is very much a part of the broader industry conversation. Naturally you'll be highly organised with excellent written skills and be comfortable executing a plan as well as working autonomously. This role has fantastic exposure to senior stakeholders in a fast-paced high growth environment. Our football sponsorship allows activation opportunities throughout the year so some interest in sport is desirable but not essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help drive and implement the company PR strategy across digital, social media, SEO and traditional media.
- Build, develop and maintain excellent relationships among press, media, and agencies.
- Write media materials including press releases biographies, fact sheets, features, and digital content.
- Identify opportunities for product placement and collaborations.
- Ensure up-to-date knowledge of all trade press, papers, and magazines and collate press coverage/ compile campaign reports.
- Maximise positive news flow around campaigns, and brand partnerships.
- Ensure all PR campaigns are enhanced across brand social media channels with relevant campaign materials such as graphics, copy and video where necessary.
- Identify awards and write award entries to demonstrate our proposition, customer service & tech capabilities.
- Good working knowledge of all media sectors but particularly the press, marketing, and creative media.
- 2-3 years' experience working within a PR environment.
- Fluency in all of the major social media networks.
- Experience in automotive or technology would be beneficial.
- Strong networking and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines within a small team.
- Ability to make quick decisions consulting all the relevant people and to re-prioritise existing tasks at short notice.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and the ability to communicate ideas.
- Good attention to detail and excellent grammar and spelling.
- Computer proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Strategically minded with the ability to get the most out of each campaign
- Positive can-do attitude, personable and a self-starter who works on their own initiative.
If you would like to join our ever-growing team, please e-mail your CV along with a covering letter to [email protected]