Published on Friday 14 August 2015 in Company News
Vanarama Trade survey reveals positivity in the UK economy but a strong desire to leave the EU 'tomorrow'
Using Survey Monkey Vanarama recently conducted their annual survey of customers to find out amongst many things how they felt about the current government in its first 100 days of office and if they were pro the EU or against it.
600 respondents representing a wide range of trade sectors took part, answering 10 questions.
Overall the results revealed that tradesmen are buoyant about the UK economy and about their business; a welcome contrast to the credit crunch in 2007 when confidence was at an all time low.
The highlights of the survey were...
• After the first 100 days of the new Conservative government 44.87% said they were optimistic for the future with 36.35% feeling the same as a year before.
• A whopping 55.48% of customers would leave the EU tomorrow if they could vote on it.
• It's fantastic news to see that 65.04% of customers anticipate their business growing in the next year. All hail small businesses; the backbone of the UK economy.
• Good also to see that 44.52% of customers are planning on offering more services to their customers – and in doing so taking steps to become a 'one stop shop' in their field of expertise. This will really help customer retention.
• A great relief that whilst 45.91% of customers do not think that bad debt will worsen this year, a significant 46.96% anticipate bad debt decreasing this year.
• What keeps our customers awake at night apart from a snoring partner? At the top of the list is recruitment of quality staff (36.53%) followed by coping with the current level of business (34.61%). These two go hand in hand so that's not surprising. Business is on the up but finding good people to do the job remains a challenge in a buoyant economy where talented people know they are in demand.
If you would like to comment on our survey or are a journalist looking for more information please do not hesitate to contact Steve Mark Brand Director, 01442 835758.
If you're a tradesman do these results mirror your own thoughts? Please tell us.