Published on Thursday 11 February 2016 in Van News
What makes a good tradesman? We asked this question on Facebook and the answers are a useful insight into your customers' way of thinking and their expectations.
As you'd imagine, being reliable and hardworking are seen as a priority. Customers expressed a desire for banter as well. This proved a popular response. They want a tradesperson who's friendly and happy to be around.
Attention to customer care and being polite ranked highly too. The quality of your work and your behaviour are major factors in making you the skilled professional who's highly sought after.
Below are the top ten replies on what makes a good tradesman:
1. "Someone who arrives on time, with a friendly can do attitude. They complete the job professionally, then after the job is complete, makes sure you're happy. You wouldn't hesitate to recommend them." David Deans.
2. "A good tradesperson needs to be understanding and have excellent communication skills. Be friendly and helpful. The white van man gets such a rough ride." Jane Cameron.
3. "Good customer service, polite, hardworking, honest and understanding. Claire Warren.
4. "Banter and a willingness to accept that not all things go to plan." Greg Cooper.
5. "Hardworking, good speaker and a good leader." John Paul Donnelly.
6. "Someone who is good at their job and offers good customer care." Ruth Blair.
7. "Trustworthy, professional, friendly and knows what a belt is for!" Lizzy Houston.
8. "One with good banter, good workmanship and turns up every day." Tony Glaysher.
9. "Being professional and courteous." Albert Thompson.
10. "One that always keeps his word." Jannet Hilliam.