- Location: Hemel Hempstead
- Department: Marketing
- Employment type: Part-Time (2-3 days per week, hours flexible)
- Start Date: ASAP
- Salary: Dependent on experience
Who we are:
Vanarama is the UK's leading commercial and personal vehicle leasing business. We are a disruptive force in the automotive sector, always one step ahead of the competition thanks to our focus on using cutting-edge technology and our comprehensive product range to get our customers into the brand-new vehicles they want to drive. We put technology at the very heart of our business and are changing the way people access vans, pickups and cars.
Who we're looking for:
A part-time PR specialist who will be able to execute, lead and manage PR campaigns that help to tell the story of the Vanarama brand. This position is for an individual who can work with and has contacts with traditional media but will also use modern PR methods. The role will be fluid, challenging and fast-paced. The position requires excellent writing skills, strong organisational skills, and a proactive and diplomatic attitude. It would ideally suit someone business-minded but with a creative eye and the ability to communicate with peers, press, and agencies. This is an exciting opportunity to join an established brand as it continues to grow. Ideally, you'll have experience in either the technology or automotive sector and have good knowledge of ecommerce.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, drive and implement the company PR strategy.
- Strategically develop our brand positioning and awareness through fostering and maintaining excellent relationships among press, media, and agencies.
- Write media materials including press releases biographies, fact sheets, features, and digital content.
- Identify opportunities for product placement and collaborations.
- Maintain close relationships with the trade press, and build a reputation in the wider national media, update and maintain a database of journalists.
- Ensure up-to-date knowledge of all trade press, papers, and magazines and collate press coverage/ compile campaign reports.
- Maximise positive news flow around campaigns, and brand partnerships.
- Ensure the creation, scheduling and publishing of content on all brand social media channels ensuring the tone of voice and brand identity are maintained to the highest standard.
- Identify awards and write award entries to demonstrate our proposition, customer service & tech capabilities.
- Strong working knowledge of all media sectors but particularly the press, marketing, and creative media.
- 2-3 years' experience working within automotive/tech sector
- Experience in the financial services industry would be beneficial
- Strong networking and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines within a small team.
- Ability to make quick decisions consulting all the relevant people and to re-prioritise existing tasks at short notice.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and the ability to communicate ideas.
- Good attention to detail and excellent grammar and spelling.
- Fluency in major social media networks.
- Computer proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Strategically minded with the ability to get the most out of each campaign
- Positive can-do attitude, personable and a self-starter who works on their own initiative.
If you would like to join our ever-growing team, please e-mail your CV along with a covering letter to [email protected]