- Location: Hemel Hempstead
- Department: Digital Services
- Employment type: Permanent
- Start Date: ASAP
Who we are
Vanarama are an industry leading vehicle leasing and insurance business who are always one step ahead of the competition. With a focus on using technology and a comprehensive range of products aimed to make our customers lives easier.
As a Senior Backend Ruby on Rails Developer you'll be assisting in the design, development, testing and maintenance of software systems. The programs you create will help the business be more efficient and provide a better service. You will manage a team of developers implementing best practices across the team.
- Comfortable managing a team of back end developers while setting high coding standards
- Liaising with architects to ensure the solutions are well thought through, whether these are from scratch or enhancements
- Documenting and driving solutions with the team ensuring the code is written up to high standards
- Reviewing current development processes and solutions and suggest ideas for improvements
- Working closely with analysts, designers, architects and other internal stakeholders
- Adhere to Agile methodologies, taking part in all Agile ceremonies with the team
- Develop a clear understanding of the business and its requirements in the automotive industry
- Test your code using automated testing frameworks and set standards within the team
- Maintaining the solutions once they are up and running
Must Have Skills
- Ruby on Rails 5 / 6
Nice To Have Skills
- Heroku/AWS architecture, DevOps and development (such as Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, Docker, DynamoDB, RDS, S3, ElastiCache, SQS, CloudFront, Route 53, IAM, CloudFormation and KMS)
- Serverless, Microservices, API Driven Architecture
- Git, Github
If you wish to apply for this role please e-mail your CV along with a covering letter to [email protected].