Published on Thursday 18 April 2019 in Van News
Sign-write your van to get more business
Having your van professionally sign-written is one of the most powerful and cost-effective ways to promote your business (it even works when your van is parked up on the drive in the evening).
So, don't hesitate to turn your van into a roving billboard for your business – there's no restrictions and the publicity is great value for money. Did you know, for example, that a recent study shows 3,000 people an hour will see your van when you drive in a city? Food for thought…
If we've tempted you to try it out, take a look at our top five sign writing tips.
Top 5 sign writing tips
1) Choose a professional to sign-write your van. Ask to see photos / computer images of vans they have already worked on and get a fixed quote in writing.
2) Ensure the typeface and colours match your brand. There's nothing worse than clashing colours.
3) Don't cram too much info on the van – it will make it harder to read from a distance. And remember…less is more when you're on the move.
4) Ensure your website, logo and any accreditations are included. You're sending a message that you're a trusted business.
5) Ask for a proof of what the signage will look like on your van before giving the go-ahead. You'll probably want to make some changes…and look out for spelling mistakes!
Don't just take it from us…take it from them
"I got £10,000 of new business in ONE week," says Lee Wright, owner of Wall to Wall Services and Vanarama customer (main picture). "I knew that quality sign writing would be a great way to market my business. With my new Ford Transit Custom, I now have the perfect business partner that acts as my mobile advertising billboard."
Lee added that his van is like a great big advert for his business on-site, and commented: "I was doing a job the other week with my van parked out the front. By the end of the job, three of my customer's neighbours – who'd seen the work I'd done and my van – came and asked for quotes. The result? An extra £10,000 plus worth of business!"
Katy Griffiths of Katy Doolittle's Pet Care – one of our 2016 Van Heroes – has also found success with her sign-written van. The distinctive pink writing on her Ford Transit Connect has attracted lots of attention. "People take photos of my van, which makes me very proud," says Katy. "It's helped me get more business too."
Turn your van into a mobile billboard
Sign-writing your van is an economical and highly effective way to create your very own moving advert. Partial or full vehicle wraps are a fast-growing form of advertising thanks to how easy they are to spot!
Imagine you're sat in traffic, having your name and contact details all over your van will draw the attention of passers-by, (and this could mean huge numbers of people if you're somewhere busy).
Brand yourself by branding your van
Making the decision to do it is step 1… step 2 is actually doing it. But where do you start?
You could do it yourself, but we'd always recommend getting a pro to do it, because it's the safest way to make sure it looks right.
Just remember, if you lease a van with Vanarama, you must take off the vinyl before you return it.
Here's a little checklist of things to remember when you get your van sign-written:
Putting it on
- Be 100% happy with the design and make sure your contact details are clear.
- Make sure you have a fixed quote in writing for the job – no-brainer advice, eh?
- Get the sing-writers to let you take the vehicle to them, it'll be cheaper if you take it there yourself, and it will only take a couple of hours to fit the vinyl.
Taking it off
- Get a professional to take the vinyl off… otherwise you might damage your vehicle before you hand it back at the end of your lease!
- Again… agree a fixed price before you get someone to peel it all off.