Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using the Service "Vanarama Redundancy & Life Event Cover" operated by Autorama UK Ltd. Your access to and use of the services set out are conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the offer you agree to be bound by these terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms, then you may not access the offer.
"Vanarama Redundancy & Life Event Cover" is available to all Vanarama Customers who take a new lease ordered from the Vanarama website www.Vanarama.com from 01/07/20 onwards
The Supplier reserves the right to withdraw or amend this offer and the Terms and Conditions set out within this schedule at any time due to material changes. If this is done, any customer who has ordered a vehicle inclusive of this offer up until the date of withdrawal will still be eligible for the offer for the entire term of their contract. What constitutes a material change will be determined at the Suppliers sole discretion.
- This Redundancy Cover offer is available on cars and vans on a Personal Contract Hire Agreement or Business Contract Hire Agreement only and does not cover Pickup Trucks.
- The cover is for individuals only and does not cover Limited Companies.
- For a self employed customer who is not eligible for redundancy cover, the contracted Early Termination charge from the funder will apply and be charged and paid by the customer. Autorama will then refund the customer the Early Termination amount, minus 6 months rentals. If there is less than 6 months rental amount left on the contract then the lower figure will be charged.
- It is the customers responsibility to contact Vanarama as soon within 1 month of any redundancy, vehicle return or life event covered to confirm claim.
If a customer orders a car with this offer, the customer is still required to:
1) Pay their agreed initial rental.
- A reoccurring monthly rental (agreed by the customer) for the vehicle will be taken by the finance provider once the vehicle has been delivered.
- Vanarama will send all of the accompanying docs confirming the offer at order confirmation stage.
- The validation & subsequent fulfilment of the Vanarama Redundancy & Life Event Cover is at the discretion of Vanarama – the provider's decision is final.
- Vanarama Redundancy & Life Event Cover is subject to all terms & conditions that apply to any leasing product provided by Vanarama. These terms & conditions can be found here: https://www.vanarama.com/legal/terms-and-conditions.html
- If a customer does not adhere to the above requirements of the finance agreement then Vanarama reserve the right to withdraw the offer of Vanarama Redundancy & Life Event Cover
Redundancy & Life Event Cover Terms
- The customer will still be responsible for any excess mileage or excess damage charges set out by the vehicle funder at date of early termination. Excess mileage is based on a prorate mileage calculation. For example, if the contract is based on 10,000 miles per annum and the contract terminates after 24 months then the customer is liable for any excess mileage costs over 20,000 miles. Excess damage is based on BVRLA Fair Wear and Tear assessments.
- Offer applies to all customers in full time employment that have been employed by the same company for 12 months or longer on a permanent basis as a PAYE member of staff
- Offer applies to customers who are under 65 years of age at the time the contract starts
- Evidence must be supplied to Vanarama in the case of involuntary redundancy.
- The offer will be invalidated if the initial vehicle application was applied for at a time when the contract holder had been advised that their job role was classified as at risk or had entered into a period of collective consultation.
- All conditions of the rental agreement and payments up to the point of claim must have been met.
- In very exceptional circumstances Vanarama may not be able to cover a settlement figure for all costs of returning the vehicle to our funding partner. In these cases we will try and ensure that we refund the highest amount of the ET settlement figure from the as possible.
Redundancy Cover Exceptions/Exclusions:
- Offer excludes any customer who is a contractor, self-employed and payment through an employment agency
- Voluntary redundancy
- Taking a career break
- Dismissal through misconduct or as a result of industrial action
- Relocation of job role
Loss of Earnings Cover
- Offer applies to any Self-Employed Vanarama customer or Contractor who is looking to early terminate their vehicle
- 6 months of rental payments to be paid by the customer on return of their vehicle. (The full ET amount will be charged by the funder and Autorama will refund all of the charge minus 6 months rentals)
- If the vehicle has less than 6 months left on the contracted term then the lesser amount will be paid by the customer
- All conditions of the rental agreement and payments up to the point of claim must have been met
- Not available to customers within the initial 30 days of contract commencement
Divorce – Dissolution of Civil Partnership:
- Offer applies to customers who look to early terminate their contract due to a divorce or dissolution of a Civil Partnership
Copy of decree absolute or final paperwork will need to be provided to be eligible for the offer and early termination of the vehicle
Disability & Death Cover
- Offer applies to customers who are under 65 years of age at the time the contract starts.
- If you were to die your dependents will need to contact us and will terminate the agreement. This can be done via phone, email or written letter
- A death certificate will need to be provided to ensure we can ensure the vehicle is collected as quickly and easily.
- Disability claims must be supported with a doctors/ GP/hospital letter confirming the vehicle can no longer be used
General Vanarama Terms & Conditions
- The provider is Autorama UK Ltd T/A Vanarama Registered in England & Wales with registered number: 05137709. Registered office: Vanarama, Maylands Avenue, Hemel Hempstead, HP2 7DE, United Kingdom.
- Vanarama is the trading style of Autorama UK Ltd, who are authorised & regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Our Financial Conduct Authority Register number is 630748).
- Vanarama Redundancy & Life Cover is open to residents of the United Kingdom who are aged 18 years or over.
- By ordering a vehicle, a customer is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms & conditions.
- The provider reserves the right to cancel or amend the offer & these terms & conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, force majeure or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter's control.
- Any changes to the offer will be notified to customers as soon as possible by the provider.
- The provider is not responsible for inaccurate details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this offer.
How to Claim
Should you need to terminate your lease contract early due to Redundancy, Loss of Earnings or a major life event please contact our customer services team in the first instance on 01442 838 195. You will be required to provide supporting written evidence of your change in circumstances.
We will then secure the details of the early termination costs on your behalf with the relevant funder and advise you accordingly.
The funder will be required to make the charge for the early termination costs which the customer will pay to the relevant funder as per the process outlined within the customers finance documents. Vanarama will then refund this Early Termination cost to the customer.