Choosing your van is a big decision – and not one to be taken lightly when it concerns your business. It's a good idea to investigate your options before deciding which van to go for. Check out our best van leasing deals to help you decide.
Here are some things to consider when you're making that all-important decision!
- Tools of your trade. Think about the tools and equipment that you carry, including the ones for those bigger jobs where you have to transport more kit along with you. This will determine the dimensions and load-bearing capacity of your new van. If you use the sides of your van and/or the roof for carrying equipment you should take this into consideration too.
- What's your typical load? If you're transporting supplies to and from your local site, consider the size, weight and volume of your typical load to decide on the ideal payload of your new van. For example, a bag of cement can weigh 25kg or 50kg. An overloaded van could land you a fine and more! Alternatively, you might be transporting goods that require careful handling or a certain temperature. These are all things you should consider before making that all important decision.
- People pickup! How many passengers do you currently transport on the go? Do you cover a fair distance? For long distance drivers and passengers, comfort is important! You might even want to consider going for a few luxuries, such as Bluetooth, electric windows and air conditioning.
- Will you need accessories too? A roof for ladders, brackets fixed to the side of your vehicle and so on. Your current van might not have these, but they may be important for future projects.
- Future-proof your needs! If your business is growing and/or your needs are changing, then you might not want to just replace your van, but get an upgrade in size instead?
- Short or long trips? Short journeys around town put different demands on a van than long motorway trips. So, consider your travelling distance to and from work.
- Colour choice! With so many colours to choose from, have a think about what colour will best suit your business. And, if you're thinking about sign-writing your vehicle, consider that your chosen van's colour will be the backdrop of the design.
- Running costs. Fuel consumption and insurance costs vary dramatically from van to van. Make sure you investigate these finer details because these can make a huge difference to overall cost.
Check out our blog if you're interested in finding out all the latest van news!
Want to know more about leasing? Check out our FAQs.