Why Lease A Transit?
The Ford Transit - a word used historically to describe any panel van, ‘Transit’ is synonymous with reliability, durability & being fit for purpose. With dozens of combinations of payload, body volume, engine & trim (not forgetting the chassis & minibus models) there’s certain to be a Transit for you. An overwhelming favourite large van to lease.
Transit Specifications And Dimensions
Transit vans are offered in a number of weight, body length, height engine & trim variants. This means that a van can be configured exactly to your specific requirements - there are no compromises here.
- Three body lengths (L2, L3 & L4) - offering load lengths of up to 4073mm.
- Two body heights (H2 & H3) - Up to 2025mm of load height.
- Load volumes of up to 15.1 cu/m.
- Four weights (290, 310, 330 & 350)- payloads from 895kg to 1472kg.
- Four trim levels - Transit Leader, Transit Trend, Transit Trail & Transit Limited.
- Four engine outputs - 105ps, 130ps, 170ps & 185ps.All based on the economical 2.0 litre EcoBlue Euro 6.2 diesel engine.
- A ‘MHEV’ EcoBlue Hybrid (mild hybrid) engine option.
- Double cab options.
- Front, rear, or all wheel drive.
- Special Vehicle Options (SVO) - a range of carefully engineered equipment from Ford’s dedicated facility for specialist applications.
Transit Drive & Trim
Transit is available with many safety & driver assistance technologies both as standard & optional equipment.
Included in the ‘Leader’ specification are Ford ‘SYNC’ multimedia with Bluetooth, power windows, & a fold out front passenger seat table.
‘Trend’ trim adds a heated windscreen, automatic headlamps & wipers, & front and rear parking sensors.
‘Limited’ comes with yet more luxury, including air conditioning, alloy wheels & side park assist.
The new ‘Trail’ model is based on the Trend & is designed for more arduous operation - it looks the part too with a bold F O R D grille, black alloy wheels, leather seats, side cladding & it’s ready for work too with a front wheel drive limited slip differential or all-wheel drive.
Fuel Economy & Emissions
The new Ford EcoBlue Euro 6.2 engines have been designed for ultimate efficiency. With class leading torque output, their drivability is only matched by their excellent fuel economy & low Co2 emissions.
The conventional diesel engines have official combined fuel consumption figures of up to 43.5mph, whilst the EcoBlue Mild Hybrid can achieve an excellent 51.4mpg.
Co2 emissions are as low as 170g/km, or 143g/km in EcoBlue Mild Hybrid form.
Transit Van Finance
Ford Transit vans benefit from strong residual values (the amount a vehicle will be worth at the end of a lease deal), which means the van finance packages we provide will see van drivers like you benefit from competitive monthly rentals, affordable initial rentals, and hassle-free budgeting for the duration of the agreement.
In addition to the Ford Transit we have the BEST lease deals on the rest of the Transit family including:
If you want to find out more, why not look at our Ford Transit review with in depth analysis from our van experts as well as hundreds of customer reviews.