Published on Wednesday 16 September 2015 in The Shoestring Marketing Blog
3 low cost sales communications to promote your business
It's a challenge for any professional tradesman – how to promote your business without blowing your budget on a glossy brochure that can quickly become outdated not to mention cost an arm and a leg to produce.
So, here are 3 tried, tested and trusted shoestring communications I have used to promote professional tradesmen in the last 32 years. I recommend you invest a little in the services of a designer to make them look appealing and professional. Then Voila! At your disposal you have some pretty nifty promotional marketing material that will help clinch a sale whether you want something to accompany a quote or mail a cold prospect. And of course you can update them quickly without breaking the budget.
1. Questions and Answers – Always a winner. What are the genuine questions customers ask about you and your services? If you have decent quality letterhead paper then use it for this document and get your designer to add the finishing touches. Use both sides and be sure to showcase your expertise with your answers. Demonstrate how helpful you are and you're on the road to the next sale.
2. 10 reasons why you'll love being our customer. Here's an example to get those cogs whirring into action.
• Our team are friendly, experienced and always helpful
• Longstanding family business with 35 years experience
• Great value for money
• We always clean up after ourselves
• We always explain why we have recommended a service or product
• We have over 100 5 star reviews on Checkatrade/Rated people etc
• We're always happy to meet and take the time to understand your needs
• You will receive any quotation from us in writing, usually within 3 working days
• We're easy to reach. You can contact us via telephone, e-mail, fax and social media
• Our credentials are extensive: Safe Contractor, CHAS, Constructionline etc
3. Your Business card – yes really! Did you know your business card can have 4 panels (more!)thereby giving you ample space to share your contact details, list your services, provide some testimonial from a few happy customers and depict the logos of organisations you're a member of/are accredited by.
I hope these tips have helped you. And if you need a quote for a new van or are curious to see how we compare with your current arrangements don't hesitate to get in touch.