Published on Wednesday 05 February 2014 in Van News
A brace of technological innovations appealing to safety conscious buyers, enviable fuel consumption and great residual values have lead to the Mercedes Benz Sprinter being crowned Best large Panel Van for the sixth time. To top off its success, the Sprinter has also scooped the 'Van of the Year' at the 2013 Fleet Van Awards.
Mercedes hasn't rested on its laurels with the Sprinter. In a bid to continually improve the vehicle, May this year witnessed the Sprinter becoming the World's first van range to meet the Euro VI emissions standards, while the new Sprinter delivers a combined cycle of 44mpg.
Amongst the safety features which appeal to fleet and individual buyers alike are:
- Standard electronic stability programme
- Crosswind Assist - especially important for high panel vans, Crosswind Assist will detect strong gusts of wind then target braking on one side of the vehicle to help prevent your van from 'drifting' out of lane.
- Collision Prevention Assist - provides a visual and acoustic warning when the right distance to the vehicle ahead is not maintained and initiates automatic partial braking in the event of an imminent collision.
- Blind Spot Assist - uses a radar system to monitor the areas on both sides of your van
- Highbeam Assist - Adjusts the headlamp range automatically to the distance of the oncoming traffic.
- Lane Assist - detects lane markings on the road and warns you before you leave the lane unintentionally.
The Fleet Van Awards are judged by a panel of industry experts who really know their vans, including van magazine editors, vehicle hire firms and leasing companies. If Mercedes' latest gongs have encouraged you to consider the Sprinter then click here for more information. Alternatively call 0845 094 1399 to speak to one of our experienced Account Managers who will be able to answer any technical questions you may have on the van, as well as discuss the best leasing deals to meet your needs.