Published on Tuesday 23 January 2018 in Van News
Which pie topped the chart...?
It's official – the results of our Great British Pie Survey are in! Steak and Ale pie IS the UK's favourite pie filling, and you'll find all the juicy facts and meaty stats wrapped up in one mouth-watering, pie-chart packed infographic.
Happy National Pie Day! Pies are a billion-pound industry in the UK, and if our results are anything to go by it proves that while there may be a national winner – Steak and Ale – our pie tastes are as diverse as our population. With 21% of the vote, Steak & Ale is the UK's favourite pie filling. Followed closely by Chicken & Mushroom on 15%, and Steak & Kidney on 14%.
Check out the infographic below for all the stats and facts you could ever need if you want to seriously talk about pies – and don't forget to share it with your friends either (go on, hit that share button above or share the post). We've also made it available to download as a PDF if you want to whack it up on your own social media feed or website too – just click here.
Pies in the skies – the key results
- With 21% of the vote, Steak & Ale is the UK's favourite pie filling. Followed closely by Chicken & Mushroom on 15%, and Steak & Kidney on 14%.
- Dinner is the nation's choice for the perfect time to eat a pie with 52% choosing it as their BIG meal of the day.
- And, most people (54%) agree that eating a pie at home is the best location to do so, with a football match being the closest next result, yet still trailing behind on just 15%.
- The survey also found that 77% of the UK would put a pie in a personal list of their top 5 favourite foods.
- And finally, the UK loves a hot pie, with 86% of the UK going for piping hot gravy over cold, wet pie jelly and fillings.
The infographic has some more surprises for you stat lovers out there…can you guess what Northern Ireland voted as its top pie filling? There's even some random pie facts in there…such as how many characters Shakespeare killed off in his plays with pies – that was a surprise to us too.