Careers At Vanarama
Helping our customers Find Their New Lease Of Life is fundamental to everything we do at Vanarama. A proud part of the Auto Trader Group, we give our all to find people the right vehicle at the right price. It’s why our customers would happily recommend us. To make sure we keep on doing the best for them, we do the best for our own people too.
Our culture is inclusive, empowering and supportive. And it makes us a place where you’ll belong and your career will grow.
Here’s a closer look at what we’re all about and what it’ll mean to you.
- Customers - If It’s Right For Our Customers, It’s Right For Us
- Learn - We Learn From Our Success As Well As Our Failures
- Better - Even If It’s Brilliant, We Make It Better
- Family - We Are A Sustainable Family, We Look After Our People, Our Community And Our Planet.
These four values shape how we work, how we innovate and how we treat each other. Defining our culture and our people’s careers, they bring out the very best of everyone here. And they’ll bring the best out in you.
Find The Perfect Way To Work
We want everyone here to thrive which is why we’ve embraced flexible working. We’ll help you find the right balance between working from home and coming into the office for fixed team days, where you can share ideas and collaborate in person.
Your Training And Development
You can build a diverse and lasting career with us across Vanarama and the wider Auto Trader Group. Training and development are at the heart of our culture, so you’ll be able to grow your skills and experience through:
- The Vanarama Academy
- The Carbon Literacy Programme
- Onsite mentoring
- Training portals.
In the last year alone, we ran more than 150 internal training courses. It’s the kind of figure that helped us win the 2020 ‘Princess Royal Training Award’, with personal congratulations from HRH Princess Anne on achieving the standard of excellence.
Diversity And Inclusion At Vanarama
At Vanarama and across the Auto Trader group, we are committed to Diversity and Inclusion and, with that, providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process.
We are flexible and have experience in adapting both our application and assessments by discussing your individual needs first. We will check if you need any adjustments during our process but feel free to contact the resourcing team before applying to have a confidential chat. You can contact us at email@example.com or by calling 0330 303 9006.
- Company-funded private medical insurance available after one year’s service
- Access to a range of wellbeing support
- 24 days annual leave + an additional day for your birthday + bank holidays
- After five years’ of service, your annual leave increases yearly up to a maximum of 27 days.
- Our hybrid working model gives you a range of options, including the flexibility to work from anywhere in the UK for two weeks per year
- Enhanced maternity and adoption pay providing you with 26 weeks at 90% of earnings after qualifying service
- Enhanced paternity pay providing you with four weeks at 90% of your basic salary after qualifying service
- Company pension scheme
- Life assurance cover based on five times your earnings
- Annual company bonus scheme
- Free breakfast and lunch
- Free local gym memberships.
Our Disability Confident Commitment
We’re proud to be a registered Disability Confident Committed company. It’s a commitment that means we:
- Invite any candidate for an interview who declares they have a disability and meets the minimum requirements for a role here
- Provide an inclusive and easy-to-access recruitment process
- Support new and existing employees who have a disability.
We take innovation and technology seriously. Our determination to stay at the forefront of our industry means that we stay agile and creative – exploring every opportunity to make things smarter and better for our customers and our team. It’s always worth sharing an idea here, because it might just turn into something brilliant.
We’ve won all kinds of awards over the years and we’re proud of every one of them. After all, they show just how focused we are on delivering for our customers and our own people.
The UK CX Awards are the most recognised and prestigious awards for customer experience in the UK. We’ve won 12 in the last two years, including:
- Employees at the Heart of Everything
- Best Training and Development
- Online Customer Experience
- Customers at the Heart of Everything
- Best Use of Technology
- Best Health and Well-being.