Published on Friday 03 February 2017 in Van News
The cost of your insurance will depend on a few things, such as the type of vehicle, your age, where you live, and your driving history. Here are 7 easy tips to SAVE MONEY on your van insurance.
1) Don't get more cover than you need.
The questions in the section above will help you understand exactly what you need. For example, adding a young named driver will usually increase the cost, so do they really need to drive the vehicle?
2) Can you fit your vehicle into a garage / lock-up, or at least park it on the driveway at home?
If so, that will have an effect on the premium.
3) Have a think about what level of excess is right for you.
Simply put, the higher the excess, the cheaper the cost.
4) Do you want to use a black box to measure your driving, or install a dashcam camera?
Both of these can reduce your premium, so they're worth considering.
5) Have a think about the mileage you actually do.
The more accurate you are, the more accurate the quote will be.
6) Let insurers undertake credit searches on you.
Validating your NoClaims Bonus and driving license (through giving them a MyLicence code) can also save you money by proving you are less of risk.
7) If you can, spare the time to shop around for different premiums.
At Vanarama, we've made that even easier for you with our comparison platform – you can get an overview of all the deals out there right now, and it's really easy to use!
And with that last point in mind, get in touch now and put us to the test – we think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Just call us on 01442 838 173.